Monday, June 6, 2016

Welcome to the Chaos!

People keep telling me I should consider starting a blog to talk about this crazy journey of my life with ADHD and autoimmune issues.  So I finally decided to see what all this blog stuff is about from the other side.

Please bear with me, as I am still getting my sea legs.  And as those of you with your own autoimmune issues may know, life can be unpredictable at times when dealing with these health problems.  Some days I can slay dragons, but some days just making it through making dinner can be a real challenge.  So we shall see how this all works out.

If, over time, there are things you would like to see my talk about, please feel free to speak up.

As for me?  Well, I am an anomaly on so many fronts.   

I am part of a poly family.  All five of us in the house have been diagnosed with ADHD.  Three adults and two kids with ADHD can be an interesting roller coaster sometimes.  But I am lucky in that I have the love of two awesome men, and as teens go, these two are both usually pretty good kids, both brilliant and creative in their own unique ways. 

I also have various chronic illnesses and autoimmune issues.  The diagnosed set include fibromyalgia, celiac disease and chronic fatigue.  But I have a suspicion there may be other things going on.  At some point it's easy to get to the point with doctors where it stops mattering exactly what the diagnosis is, and just start focusing on what you can be doing to heal.  I have gotten to that place where I read about all sorts of other disorders of the immune system, because often there are clues hidden in disparate places, and it's done more to unearth my actual problems than any session with a doctor ever has.  I am working with a new one now, which will probably mean an update to those lists here shortly, but I will wait for her perception before laying them out here. 

I like to cook, do lots of arts and crafts, raise as much of my own food using permaculture, as I can on our little suburban lot, because that food doesn't make me sick, and otherwise take on too many projects.  Welcome to my chaos! 

No comments:

Post a Comment